Wednesday 12 December 2012

Film Trailer and Poster Analysis: My Neighbour Totoro

My Neighbour Totoro is a major part of my childhood so I thought... why not analyse it for my Media work?!
This movie was made in 1988. It is one of the classic Studio Ghibli films and probably my favourite.
This is the English trailer for the movie.
This movie is a cartoon aimed at children/families. Well... the cartoon bit is pretty obvious however the trailer would be pretty boring for a child to watch. The theme tune being played on the piano and violin and no humorous sections probably wouldn't draw in the attention of a child if you were to compare it to a Disney Pixar movie trailer.

My Neighbour Totoro
The film poster is of Totoro's face smiling. His ears are replaced with trees and the background is of the Japanese forest where the movie is set. On top of Totoro's head/ the hill, is Totoro, the two main female characters and a small baby Totoro.
The bright smiling face is friendly and happy but I can imagine that some children may be frightened by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment